What are CS-Out, RS-Out, and SS-Out?

My MSI motherboard has six 3.5mm sockets, labeled: MIC, Line-Out, Line-In, RS-Out, CS-Out, and SS-Out.

The Line-Out seems to be for headphones, and it’s a no-brainer that a microphone would go in the one labeled MIC, but what do you plug into the other four ports? The manual does not elaborate.

2 Answers

  • These audio connectors are used for audio devices. You can differentiate the color of the audio jacks for different audio sound effects.

    Line In, is used for external CD player, tapeplayer or

    other audio devices.

    Line Out, is a connector for speakers or headphones.

    Mic In, is a connector for microphones.

    RS-Out=Rear-Surround Out in 4.1/ 5.1/ 7.1 channel mode.

    CS or SS-Out=Center/ Subwoofer Out in 5.1/ 7.1 channel

  • Because i have a smaller motherboard i only have line in, line out and mic on the motherboard (furthermore i have a mic and an out on the front of the case)

    In such a case the manual describes how to set them up

    With a 2 channel system its easy

    but with a 4 channel, 6 channel (which i believe is a 5.1 system) and 8 channel (think that one is 7.1) you need to be carefull

    There it lists which XX-out goes where…

    BUT heres what i wanted to tell, CS is for center and subwoofer, and only in 6 and 8 channel.

    SS is for SIDE speaker and ONLY in 8 channel, where it specifically mentions front audio, which is where a case is a must.

Laisser un commentaire